27.6.06

To Laugh or To Cry?

Fishcake. One of those experiences again.
Ever felt like running your head through a wall after committing a series of embarrassing events in a span of 4 minutes?
A recount of the speech that I gave about an hour 45 minutes ago for my Speech class. Notice: Speech is entitled "How to Plan for a Vacation". The setting: A sleepy, zoned-out audience and a very critical instructor evaluating the speaker's every move.
I stepped up front, gave my thesis statement and started the speech. Didn't catch the audience attention very well as I stumbled with my sentences. This keeps happening as I try to figure out my next phrase. The audience all wore blank expressions with their gaping mouths and elbows propped on their desks. Yes I bored them out. 1st major achievement.
One stupid mistake: I stopped mid sentence. OMG, the horror. There was a moment of hesitation, a moment of "Oh fuck, what's next word?" and a moment of "Maybe I should start a new sentence." Which.is.a.bad.thing.to.do. in that order.
I was not standing still, which isn't so bad except for my legs being crossed. I was nervous, I had to pee which resulted in me crossing my legs in front of 20 pairs of eyes. My tone was dead. I smiled through it, though.
When all was done, I bought an icecream (this is a cause for celebration!!) and proceeded to bang my head on the wall next to the Gent's. Honestly, I think I live my life to amuse those around me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LEH! I found ur REAL blog! Wahahahahaa... can i link u up on my blog with this add? Or should I leave only the other one? :p

OI, u need to start running with us hor! You skinnier than all of us, but must keep fit okie? ;)

daronloo said...

hey....

not as embarrassing as me...remember my stomach growling in class this morning and everyone heard....ehhehehehehehehe

Jules said...

i liked that last sentence :D aiyoo, so fun to read your blog, so the lawakness!! hehe, forgive my engrish. :P

Vivian said...

Shizzzz >> Just leave the multiply link in your blog la. This one stays!

Das >> kekekek.. Or that question you asked a complete stranger in the market...waaa...I feel embarrased for you la..

Jus >> Seriously..