The Number of Our Days-- Anonymously written
In the twilight of the evening, I wonder where the day has gone.
Did I find its full potential with the rising of the sun?
When I yawned and closed my eyes in the midday’s burning heat,
Did my body need the rest while the hours skipped a beat?
Did the loss of those few minutes cause the day to go awry?
Did I need to gain them back again?
Should I have even tried?
When the dark turns to midnight and all my hours expire,
Will they be renewed again as another day transpires?
These are things we’ll never know until they come about
For no promises were made for the time we try to count.
As the tides go in and out,
so our lives will ebb and flow
And the number of our days
only God can over know!
3.3.08
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment