Ok so a number of people had been packing last night. Me too-- but not to leave a place, rather to get somewhere! Packing sucks and no, it is no fun. You worry about space, about whether things will leak in those corners of your bag, and it forces you to choose between things themselves.
And if you're leaving a cherished place, you start to get nostalgic about every single thing. I have this scribbled note that I've kept since I left MC, and it's just instructions on how to configure the ADSL settings in my laptop. I hold it close to me, among other shreds of paper and bits and pieces from other people. Memories.
I'm up at the most ungodly hour (now at 8.30am) doing a bit of last minute packing before I leave for Mooloolaba, a few hours north of Brisbane. I am looking forward to it, especially with Maha around, but the timing and logistics of getting there just gets to me. It's a two hour trip, with a few legs combining a number of buses and train transfers. Right now, we're an hour behind schedule and MAHA IS STILL IN BED. Look at her.
To everyone who's packing for good or just for a small getaway, have lots of fun. Take it from me: let the great times you've had with friends linger and tickle your thoughts as you make your way home. Arrive safely. And stop stressing out--you're stressing me out too!!
ps: I will be away until Sunday.
0 comments:
Post a Comment