Tonight I went out to bake at Josh and Joel's place. We attempted something new this time-- Orange Poppyseed Cake with Chocolate and Cream Cheese Frosting. The ultimate dessert (or dinner) to satisfy one's sweet tooth and coincidentally powerful enough to throw one off a diet plan. We cheated. Whatever cake mix that comes conveniently tucked in a box is always sweeter than if it is made from scratch.
50 minutes later: The cake-- after it has been baked and professionally sliced into two halves by Joel.
Then followed by the spreading of the cream cheese frosting/icing on the bottom layer. It was my first time doing this and I had a bit of trouble spreading the layer evenly along the edges of the cake.
Disaster soon ensued after I placed the layer #2 on top. As you can see, the professionally cut layer broke into pieces, resulting in a very mismatched pair for the bottom layer. It was from this point on that I knew the cake would turn out nothing like how it's depicted on the box. Well, just not esthetically pleasing to the eyes.
I think the chocolate frosting on top covered up the broken bits really well. I asked Joel what he thought of the cake and he said, "Looks like it's been through a war or something." I agree. Well I say screw appearances for tonight. It was yummy!
I think the chocolate frosting on top covered up the broken bits really well. I asked Joel what he thought of the cake and he said, "Looks like it's been through a war or something." I agree. Well I say screw appearances for tonight. It was yummy!
2 comments:
wah looks delicious!
delicious and sooooooo sweet I tell you Deanna. My friend had the 1st bite and requested for a cup of water after that cos it was just too sweet!
Post a Comment