10.10.06

Cardboard Jesus

This week has been great so far-- cleared up all my backlogs, uploaded some new house music, and got a paper approved. Trying to keep the momentum going till the week after when I get to Cambodia. Also looking forward to escape from campus this weekend to go gallivanting with my mum. I really hope my brother doesn't screw the Sirocco dinner with his dressing.
A section test is coming up tomorrow. Somehow, someway I'm going to get 8 chapters under my skin tonight. It's gotta happen.
Been coming up with weird dreams lately. Last night's was particularly strange: I was in this cathedral with people running around frantically. I was looking up from the ground at some stained glass and this woman was yelling at everyone, "Christ is coming, Christ is coming!" Then there was a yellow cardboard Jesus about 6 feet high coming flying towards us on strings. To top off the whole absurdity of it, another person said to me, "He's the false messiah! Don't bow down!!" What the..... I told Carol about it this morning and it got her wondering whether it meant anything. For all it's worth, it was probably just my mind mixing up realities.

0 comments: