10.2.07

The Dream

Definitely of the most action-packed ones I've experienced, last night's was also the funniest and somewhat "gratifying". Here goes nothing:

I was with Nat and Pappu riding around town with OUR bikes. I really mean those big macho looking ones they possess. I had one, and I even remember seeing the golden Honda logo on mine. It so happened that we rode into Ekamai school and stopped when we saw our friends sitting on the kerb. While the rest chatted away, my bike fell and slid below someone's sports car. I told the driver, "Be careful, don't move your car!! My bike is underneath!!" Then the most ridiculous thing happened. The side curtains of his car actually lifted up, and I could see my bike propped upright and was facing me.

Next scene: We (like around 10 friends) were in a van traveling back to our home. I think the concept behind it was that we were all living together in a really, really luxurious condominium, because the windows were all glass and everything else was polished metal. If I think harder I could probably name the color of the bedsheets. Cream, most likely. Anyway, I looked down from the window and saw a flyover, that led to a mall in KL (Sunway Pyramid, to be exact), was overflowing with flood waters. Cars and vans were just swept along with the current and people were trapped in the crevices along the road. Some were flailing their arms helplessly and trying to hang on to floating debris. Try imagining all this happening on a twisted flyover...so wtf rite..

After that, everyone from the condo wanted to find out what was going on. We took the van. Outside, it rained hard. A tall building had a banner proclaiming "GLOBAL WARMING" in red letters. I also remember warning Aaron not drive too close to that area lest we get trapped in the flood and drown! The place was Taman Bahagia. I don't know how, I don't know why... Somewhere along the journey, there was a tow-truck in front of us that pulled out a soaking black Proton Wira aeroback from the right side of the road. It swung the car from its giant hook and dumped it on the left side. Here comes the disturbing part: The whole family was sitting in the front portion of the car. They were still normal, and the mother was carrying a baby and smiling. But they were all dead! I stared at this dead family as we passed them by and asked someone to confirm if he really thought they were dead. Yes was the reply and the rest of us continued our journey to an unknown place.

------ The dream ended there and I ended up waking up with 30 mins left to shower and get ready for class. That was the rudest reality I had to face. The rest of the day was spent pondering the details about this dream, friends who were involved (an Oscar each!), and that Honda bike... Some nights should be as thrilling as this, but maybe not all the time unless we all want to drive our closest friends insane with our stories.

0 comments: