Trigger fishes

This fish will definitely be named by the volunteers in the coming weeks. For now I'm just going to call him Emo because he looks the part.

He's not sick, he's just having a bad day like the rest of us. He stayed in that position for a few minutes, moving only his eyeballs as I snapped away for pictures. My friend said he was trying to hide, but nah...he would have gone into the plastic tube to do that.
This fish will definitely be named by the volunteers in the coming weeks. For now I'm just going to call him Emo because he looks the part.
He's not sick, he's just having a bad day like the rest of us. He stayed in that position for a few minutes, moving only his eyeballs as I snapped away for pictures. My friend said he was trying to hide, but nah...he would have gone into the plastic tube to do that.
A happy trigger fish would appear like this. Facts from wikipedia: The trigger fish is also known as the Humuhumu, an abbreviation from Humuhumunukunukuapua'a, meaning a 'triggerfish with a pig-like snout'.
How can an aquaria be complete without a dory fish? Just look at how bright her colors stand out. Dory here has a friend that shares the tank with her, a yellow reef fish that kept sweeping its tail against her side, possibly a territorial behavior.
That's it for fishes today. If there's one thing I would miss about volunteering at the aquarium, it's the opportunity to work up close with these reef fishes and to have the job of making sure they're healthy, happy and kept sane in a lab environment.
** okay, the crossposting thing worked!! But the text and photos alignment lari sikit..had to fix!
** okay, the crossposting thing worked!! But the text and photos alignment lari sikit..had to fix!
0 comments:
Post a Comment